Sunday, February 22, 2004

Research & Case Methodology

Today was the second week of the new module. I didn't go last week..suffered from chronic laziness. Thank God for giving me kind, thoughtful and reliable classmates, who took extra handouts for me last week.

I learned today that there's a whole process for coming up with a corporate strategy. All this while I thought only the SWOT analysis mattered. No way!! Here's the complete process (as complete as I can remember, I'm too lazy to get my notes):
  1. Gather company info

  2. Conduct SEPT analysis (Social, Economic, Political, Technological)

  3. Conduct SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)

  4. Conduct IFEM calculation (Internal Factors Environmental Analysis - average calculation for Strengths and Weaknesses)

  5. Conduct EFEM calculation (External Factors Environmental Analysis - average calculation for Opportunities and Threats)

  6. Diagnose the company's situation

  7. Realign company's vision and mission

  8. Identify the various stakeholders, their expectations and level of power they have

  9. Design objectives - these must be achievable, realistic and measureable

  10. Design strategies
That's it! With an example, it would be much clearer, but...nahhh!! Haha.

In other news, Cookie and Alf seem to be much stronger today, although they seem to be doping around a lot. Alf's left eye has got the third eyelid showing now, which means that I need to get her some eyedrops to fix it, a.k.a. more money coming out of my wallet. :-|