Monday, April 23, 2007

i got punked

excerpt from thestar.com:

Millions lost in e-invest scam

PENANG: Thousands of people nationwide are believed to have lost several million ringgit in an Internet “investment” scheme known as buy-e-barrel which has closed down abruptly.

Investors have been unable to log onto their online accounts over the past two weeks.

read more here...

I'm not proud to declare that I am one of the thousands who were cheated. Not by e-barrel, but by another scheme at www.abbfund.com. Don't bother clicking on the link because it doesn't work anymore. How can a person like me get cheated like that? Hey, you never try, you never know. Now if you read my previous posting on the outrageous lawyer fees, you must think I'm crazy and contradicting. hehehe...

Why am I laughing? Because when i gave that money away, it was money I was prepared to lose (plus it wasn't that much). I remember writing it off in my books that day. Still, it doesn't stop me from wishing that the crook would get caught, rot in jail and in hell. The crook is probably vacationing in the Carribeans now, having a party. Lucky bastard.

all I can say is, it was a lesson learned for me.