Tuesday, March 04, 2008

the old and the helpless

Man. It always breaks my heart when i see very old people with no younger people around them to help. I was driving in home in my neighborhood today when i saw a fragile looking old man trying to cross the little plank across the drain, with his two walking sticks. I thought he was going to commit suicide because he was trying to cross the main road and the cars were driving by so fast. So aku yang penyebok ni stopped to ask him if he needed help crossing the road. Turns out he was trying to get to the petrol station so he could hail a cab because his wife is sick at home. I found a cab chilling out at the petrol station, and the driver said, "hah, that old man yang dok berjalan kat sebelah sana tu? ok i go get him now."

kesian gila. dunno how long he was walking from home until he could get himself a cab. i hope he manages to sort it out. :-(