Saturday, November 06, 2004

I get to go out tonight!

I've become like a child, constantly guarded by my parents. I must wear a sweater so I won't get cold, I must check my body temperature and blood pressure every few hours in case of fever, I must wear slippers if I were to step into the kitchen, I must take my antibiotics, I must drink water constantly, I must take Lingzhi, I must drink the soy protein milk, I must not touch the cats, etc, etc, etc.

So can you just imagine my anxiety when I wanted to ask for permission to go out with Z tonight. Purpose? To pay my credit card bill. Really. I got the permission, after promising to:
- wear a mask
- go to the bank and come back straight away
- not smoke (mainly warning for Z, I quit the moment I was diagnosed)

I'm excited. It will be a short trip, but I'll take what I can get. Beggars can't be choosers, no?