Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Great Eastern sucks

anybody holds a life policy with Great Eastern? Their latest promo is the Premier Accidental Death Benefits Rider policy, which they slip in under the items section of your Premium Notice.

a normal person, like me, who is always in a hurry to pay their bills, looks at the notice, checks the total premium due at the bottom and makes the payment, only to realize an hour later the statement at the end of the notice that says:

"If you do not wish to add on the optional P-ADB, you only need to pay the Premium Due on the Policy (1)."

Upon which you know you will spend the next three weeks trying to claim the money back from them. In my case, the policy i was paying was my brother's, who is working out of the country. So when i called them, there was another hooha of getting the money to be refunded to my name instead of my brother.

For some unknown reason, when I called to get the refund, I was told that the payment had gone in, and I needed to fax a letter in order to get that refund. So I did all of that, and today, I received a call from them saying that they never received the Maybank2u transfer that i claimed to have made. True enough, when i checked my account, I didn't make the payment. All i did was register my brother's insurance account in Maybank.

SO WHAT THE FARK WAS GOING ON WHEN I MADE THE FIRST CALL, AFTER I THOUGHT I PAID FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT WANT?

Menyusahkan orang betul.

Moral of the story:
They should never slip in extra policies like that, which will end up wasting everybody's time.

Why am i so pissed off? Because nobody else can waste my time, other than ME.