Friday, March 18, 2005

insurance shminsurance....!!

i'm not happy with the way Great Eastern is treating me. I bought a critical illness policy in 2003. When i was evaluating it, the agent told me that the claim process is short and easy. It's been 4 months now, and the claim process is still not complete! *(&^&*%^%$$^*%

First i had to file all those forms, which i don't mind. Then i had to get a copy of my bone marrow aspiration, doctors reports etc. When everything was completed, i gave the form back to the agent to get processed. I waited 3 weeks. Then i got a letter, asking for my employer's address and my GP's address. Why didn't they just ask for it the first time around? And my GP's address is right on the piece of paper where he wrote my referral to the hematologist! I called the insurance company to ask why they need these info now. They told me that they wanted to check with my employer that I didn't hide the fact that I already had leukemia when I bought the policy (by looking through my MCs). Yea i guess some people would do that, huh?

And then there's the GP issue. The agent called me last thursday to tell me that she picked up the forms, and will send it to my dad's office, since she's not familiar with the places in PJ. A week went by, and dad still hasn't heard from her. And the letter still hasn't reached the GP. I don't know what her problem is, but i shouldn't have trusted her to do it. Arrrgh!

The thing with insurance is that you need it, but it's such a pain when it comes to claiming! Honestly, i didn't shop around when i bought it. I was so tired of listening to the agent babbling and asking to see me again and again that I just bought the insurance to shut her up. Sure enough, she faded out of my life. Furthermore, at that time, i thought, if i were to go shop around for insurance and have to bear with agents like that, i didn't think i would survive. Now i'm stuck with a useless agent, and an insurance company that has a complicated claim process. When all this is sorted out, they can be sure I'm not buying insurance from them again!

bargh!