Thursday, December 22, 2005

2006 minus 9 days

I was cleaning up my office laptop just now, and suddenly felt a rush coming through my head. I start work in less than a month! After 1 year and 3 months of not working (and getting used to it), I suppose I'll have to take it one day at a time, until I get my groove back. Yup after that we can make a movie of How Nadio Got Her Groove Back. hehe. Wait. Did I even have a groove back then? hmm...nervous!! Well, I guess Boss was right when he told me, "don't worry, we'll start you slowly." Not too slow, I hope.

Flashback Thursday, 2nd September 2004. Morning in the office - I was telling aina and gang that I was feeling very tired. They saw the pale look on my face and suggested that I go home and rest. That was the last day I was at work, until now. I don't think I did much work that week anyway, what with the Merdeka Holidays and all. Oh well, it seems like that day was ages ago, everytime I try to recall it.

I suppose it's time of the year where everybody starts writing down their resolutions, hopes and wishes for the new year. Here's mine:
  1. Stay in remission (next bone marrow biopsy on 5th Jan. erk, is that in 2 weeks' time?)
  2. Grow hair (pakai shampoo Tongkat Ali ok ke?)

I've a longer list of things to do by year-end:

  1. Get ready for work - clothes, laptop, etc.
  2. Start sleeping and waking up like normal working people, not like a Batu Caves bat
  3. Get all my MBA stuff ready (got really inspired after reading Dino's postings)

Adios.