Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Getaway needed, a.s.a.p.

Early morning shopping at KLCC on Monday left me feeling a tad less than hot. The clothes were either too tight or too big for me. The hair stylist on Level 4 told me he couldn't help me now, but "do come back in a couple of months". Argh! And I'm facing a personal turmoil, but would rather not discuss it here for fear of sounding too whiny. So, a month after my Aussie adventure, I'm desperately in need of another getaway. It started simple enough, maybe a session at my facial place with mum. A few hours later, I had a list of things I'd like to do. As I'm writing this, I'm half-way through an online reservation at Shangri-La Putrajaya. Half-way being the keyword - because suddenly all sorts of other options came to mind, such as:
  • A day at Genting Highlands
  • Colmar Tropicale, Bukit Tinggi
  • Half day at Dewi Sri Spa, Plaza Damas
  • Steak at Jakes
  • Singapore
  • A night at Cyberview Lodge & Spa
  • Half day with a genius hair stylist (know one, anyone?)
  • Half day at old house, to collect clothes that were way too small for me a year ago, which will fit me loosely today

Note that all the options include activities that will leave me feeling fabulous. Oh dear, I'm starting to sound "soooo SJP*," as my friend would put it. Well ladies, a girl's gotta lurrvve herself, right? Anybody leaking pus out of their brains yet? Hahaha.

So I guess I'll spend today just taking my work trousers to the tailor for alteration. Then maybe a facial with my mum. Perhaps Shangri-La tomorrow night.

Well, have a happy new year everyone, wherever you plan to be! Mine will be the usual, which is anywhere convenient.

Ciao!

* SJP: Sarah Jessica Parker