Thursday, February 16, 2006

I'm so lucky.

Yet another disastrous encounter.

OK, I'm exaggerating. Where I come from (professionally), an encounter like that would only be called an Incident. Only if the Incident occurs more than once, I would recognize it as a Problem. I then need to fix the Problem, which will turn it into a Known Error. That way, I could easily fix the Problem if it occurs again. Only if I can't resolve the Problem within the time frame I have set, and I see signs that it will become a showstopper, I would call it a Disaster. At the moment, I think I would call it a Disaster.

Thus, invoke Disaster Recovery Plan. My only worry is that my DRP is at a mere Maturity Level 1, which may very well raise some reliability issues. I need to get it up to Level 3.

Haha! Yes, I'm a process geek and you don't know what I'm talking about. But I do.

1 day to the weekend. Ciao!