Friday, March 19, 2004

cat update

As I was driving down my street just now, I saw a cat crossing the road. Orange color. It reminded me of another cat that went missing a few months before Garam. It was called Owen, went missing when it was about 3 months old. I stopped and got out of the car, to check the cat out. When I got nearer to it, it didn't try to escape like the other cats in the neighborhood do. Instead it walked up to me, purring pleasantly. It strangely looked like Owen. Owen had the same crooked tail, the same pattern on its forehead, and the same habit of playfully biting my hands. The exact shade of orange fur. Only heavier...much heavier than what could be its siblings at home. I played with it for another good couple of minutes, then looked across the street to find a neighbor watching me from her balcony. Worried that she might think that I'm crazy, I reluctantly got back into my car and continued my drive to dinner.

I would like to believe that the cat was, in fact, Owen. It really did looked like her. I feel much better, at least now I know that she's in safe hands, eating its way to become the next Garfield. Thank you, God.


Owen at about 3 months old.