Friday, May 02, 2008

Another day in Capri and and evening in Napoli

Alright. Here was my initial plan before i went to bed last night.
- Wake up at 5.30am, go to the main piazza at Capri and take some sunrise photos
- Take a hike to about 5 places.
- finish before lunch time to meet up with Gemma for lunch.

Of course i didn't wake up at 5.30am. I heard the alarm going off, but i decided to just sleep the morning away. Left the hotel around 10.30am and walked to Arco Naturale, a rock formation shaped like an arc (duhhh). It was a fairly steep walk up the hill, but i dragged my leg up the hill anyway. The view was so beautiful there! So i decided to walk some more, found some caves here and there and gorgeous landscape along the way. It wasn't a very easy hike though. The distance was short, but i had to go down some stairs, and up some stairs, sakit sungguh kaki ku...! This past three weeks have been like an intensive stairmaster training program for me. My right heel actually hurts right now from all the walking. No wonder Italian women have such gorgeous legs. Anyway, halfway throughout the hike, i got a bit worried in case i got off track, but i kept going anyway, sticking to the paved little roads hoping to reach civilization soon. It was close to 2 hours since i started walking when i finally heard human voices. I finally reached the private beach, Faraglione. I wanted so much to go down the stairs, but i knew i will have to climb back up (there's no other way), so i just decided to keep on walking. Rugi betul...i could've bumped into Matt Damon or something down there, right? hehehe..i wish!

DSC_2900

DSC_2883
views from the hike

After that hike, i went to pick up my bag at the hotel. I looked like a homeless person, i wish i could take a picture with myself. Imagine me and my black backpack, bermuda shorts, a singlet, a hat, and a big supermarket plastic bag which contained my clothes. I weaved my way through the crowd on the streets of Capri, i think quite a few people looked at me quite strangely. Them rich peeps with their white linen pants, leather shoes, and cashmere sweaters over their shoulders. cheh! hehehe

IMG_0011
that really delicious linguine con frutti di mare..yumm!

I met up with Gemma at this restaurant called Ristorante da Giorgio. It was recommended by the Rough Guides. The meal that was recommended was called Linguine con Frutti di Mare. I ordered that, and it was superb! Mussels, clams, cherry tomatoes...oooh sedap gila. Of course the book said that the linguine only costs 12 euros, but it turned out to be 17 euros today. Belasah lah. It was totally worth it though.

We didn't do much else after that. We went down to the marina, and sat for a long time while sipping our cappuccinos, people watching and talking. At around 4pm, Gemma decided that she would go to the jetty and wait for her boat so we said our goodbyes. I went to get my luggage at the storage shop and repacked my bag, and took the ferry to Napoli.

This hostel i'm staying in at Napoli is quite close to the jetty, so i didn't feel the fear i felt when i was at the train station the other day. Checked into my bed, took a shower, and went out to dinner with one of the girls in the dorm. The receptionist recommended a pizzeria about 15 minutes walk away from the hostel, and she was right...the pizza was delicious!! I just don't understand how anyone can eat a whole pizza on their own though. The pizzas are a little bit bigger than Pizza Hut's Large pizza ok... I ordered one for myself, got through half of it, and just scraped off the topping for the other half. I just couldn't do it! Yes, the crust is thinner, but it is still big! That was the best pizza i've ever had in my entire life - it was pizza with tomato sauce, basil, buffalo mozzarella, and cherry tomatoes. It's true what they say, the best pizzas are in Napoli.

OK, i'm off to bed. I'm not sure yet what to do tomorrow. I still have the whole day in this city before my plane back to London. Another pizza is a must in my itinerary, i guess. And a gelati. And a coffee. And this dessert called Baba, which my roommate tells me i must try.

I'm too lazy to upload photos right now. Maybe later. Ciao!!