Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Chillin in London

Wah...i didn't realize that i was so tired until i sat on my seat in the airplane. I immediately fell asleep, and as soon as i arrived in London, I went to look for a coffee place so I could get my eyes to open up a bit. I went to Costa Coffee and ordered an Iced Latte. Then I asked for sugar syrup...and the shop dude said they don't have sugar syrup. I mentioned that I thought it was like Starbucks who have sugar syrup, and i got a stern warning not to mention that name in Costa Coffee ever again. hehehehe...oops!

I took the Stansted Express, and when I got to Liverpool Street Station, the Central Line had already closed. It was 1am. So I had to wait for ayol to come pick me up, and by the time we got home, it was already 2.30am. that's 3.30am in Italy. Penat gila ok!!! I think we all slept late the next day.

At almost noon, we all went out to Bicester, where the factory outlets are. It was a nice day, but since it was a Bank Holiday weekend, there was quite a big crowd there. I firstly looked for coffee (i was still tired, but that was my only chance to go to the factory outlet). After going in and out of a few shops, I ended up with a pair of Clark's sneakers, and some tshirts for ayah. I went into Tod's, Furla and Dior and tried to convince myself that I should get a designer handbag, but I just couldn't. The handbags were quite cheap compared to the prices in Malaysia. Say, 400 pounds, and they had a 20% discount, and then i get another 10% VAT refund. It comes down to about 280 pounds. RM1800 for a Tod's handbag? cheap right? still, I couldn't do it. My Kipling canvas bag works just fine, and so do my many RM60 handbags back home.

I chilled out most of Monday. The weather is really nice in London these days. I needed to return some stuff i bought at Muji (coz i found the same thing for a cheaper price), so i did just that, and went to shop for a bit. They asked me what was wrong with the item, and i told them honestly, "Nothing's wrong with it, i just found the same thing for a cheaper price." and they returned me my money. I totally love the customer service levels in countries like this.

I'm now sitting on the staircase, because Shazrai pantang nampak computer. I'm gonna have to go the St Pancras station in a short while to see if I could get Eurostar tickets to Paris. Then I'm off to dinner with Sam.

Toodles!