Thursday, May 08, 2008

Je suis en Parit(s)

D'accord. Je suis arrive en Paris aujourd'hui a 4pm. French wa berabuk tak kekekee? First of all, let me explain, i've never really liked Paris that much. Maybe I never spent enough time here, I dunno. But I find the people unfriendly, unhelpful, and services (e.g. Restaurants) are in general, tres mal.

I didn't sleep very well last night..big mistake on that coffee with sam, and I was in a mildly bad mood throughout my journey. I bought some delicious hot chocolate at King's Cross, and they made me throw away the drink before checking in at the gate. And 2nd class eurostar seats aren't the most comfortable seats in the world. I'd rather go on the Italian Regionale trains because even the cheap trains in italy give you more space compared to Eurostar London-Paris.

So, I arrived and went to get my metro billets, and I suddenly realized that I was missing one of my credit cards. Argh!! So I stepped aside and rummaged through my handbag to look for it. I couldn't find it, so I guess I must have dropped it somewhere, or left it at one of the shops in London. Terpaksa la make a call to Citibank, right? Stupid Citibank put me on hold for 5 minutes to report a missing card!!!! Angin betul aku. Of course when I finally got connected, the agent yang tak bersalah kena marah baik punya. "Look miss, I'm calling from Paris to report a missing card, and you make me wait for 5 minutes listening to your bloody advertisements? Do you really think somebody who's reporting a lost card would be interested in hearing about your home loan offers????" I must have sounded like a total bitch, but at that point I think that call had cost me like RM50 already and she was asking all these procedural security questions before she could attend to my problem. Argghghgh..!! Anyway, after about 12 minutes card was cancelled and everything was well, until I realized I had chewing gum on my hair!! Fark betul!!! I don't know where that chewing gum came from, but it was freaking disgusting. I hated Paris more and more, although it was no fault of the city that I suddenly get chewing gum stuck in my hair out of nowhere. Kekeke...

When I got to my stop, I asked around how to get to the hotel. Of course everybody just shrugged and said "je ne sais pas." Luckily Lisa appeared a few moments later and took me back to her hotel. Cliff was hanging out at the lobby already. I was just so glad to see them!!

IMG_0057

We walked out to get some snacks and pastries and chilled out on the grass near Eiffel Tower and waited for the sun to set. We went a bit crazy taking tacky photos, but the tower against the sky at that time was just beautiful. We went back to grab our sweaters and went out again for dinner. By then it was already 9.45pm, and it was still only like 6.45pm! Dinner wasn't very nice, but there was a nice crepes stall next to it that I will definitely try tomorrow.

I'm off now. Good night!