Sunday, May 11, 2008

I cannot wait to get home

Dubai, 7AM
I'm in transit in Dubai at the moment. My luggage was in excess by 18kg at London last night, and I had to repack my luggage twice. I ended up having to check in my little backpack and now i'm dragging the smaller cabin size bag around, which is pretty heavy. Stupid gila in my opinion, because in the end, the total weight comes down to exactly the same, isn't it? I don't even know what I have in my bags, but at that moment in the airport yesterday, I just felt like throwing everything out. The stupid chocolates, the stupid clothes and the stupid everything. What's with the 20 kilo policy anyway? Don't they know that it's not enough? And I think I made a stupid mistake buying this particular cabin size bag. I just realized that the stupid bag is quite heavy as well. Bargh!

Obviously i'm a bit too cranky right now. Cranky that my vacation is over, and i'm messed up from the time difference.

Singapore, 9PM
And what feels like a million years later, I'm in Singapore pulak. The layover is almost 2 hours, so I decided to get off the plane to stretch my legs and get a bottle of water, since my ankles are already now swollen from sitting too long. I was told that I need to take all my carry on luggage with me. Guess what? I get back through security, and was forced to throw away my precious pesto sauce I bought from italy. Takde rezeki I guess, but I am really pissed off at the indifference that was shown. Some expression of regret while chucking the jar in the bin would probably have made me feel a teensy bit better. At this point I'm having really violent thoughts in my head. I bet they all take those things they confiscate and use them, especially after I told them that the item was expensive and rare..which I exaggerated a bit haha. Aku sumpah any airport security worker who takes it and uses it gets a bad reaction from it. I wonder, what is the total loss suffered per day at airports around the world by careless people like me? Ada ke bawak pesto sauce dalam hand luggage? Bodoh apa? Hehe..

Hope Monday will be a better day. Right now I just want to get myself somewhere familiar, and chill.

Bye.