Sunday, October 17, 2004

Back in the hospital

Turned out from my bone marrow test, there are still many blast cells showing, which means i'm not in remission. So the doctors decided to start me on my second cycle of chemo, using idarubicin and high-dose cytarabine, for a course of 4 days. Before I started chemo, I had to have 2 pints of blood transfused, since my hemoglobin was on the down trend. Gee...maybe after this i'll just change my career to Vampire. Sorry Maya Karin, if after this u cannot cari makan. Hee haaahahahaahahahaa (vampire-ish laugh). So now I'm already on chemo day 3. So far I'm feeling fine, no side effects, other than my hair which continues to drop. I've started wearing scarves (a la Awie) because I cannot bear to see the hair thinning process on my scalp. I know...i know...it will grow.

Emotion-wise: When the doctor told me that I'm not in remission, I was not too shocked. I read somewhere on the Internet that sugar feeds precancerous cells. During my first course of chemo, I did consume a lot of chocolates, took sugar with my juice, etc. I admit that I felt a bit down, but hey, hopefully this next round will make it better, eh? I saw a hint of disappointment in the doctor's face, but didn't ask why. Surely doc didn't expect me to go into remission after the first cycle? Doc was the one who told me that patients usually take 2-3 cycles before the go into remission. Oh well..I will tell myself everyday that this round I will go into remission. I will, i will AND I WILL!!!

Tomorrow I'm moving to a single room, which means i get to watch my dvds without wearing headphones. Yay!! I'm a bit spooked though, a nurse told me that the patient who was in the single room just died...*gulp* Maybe I'll get mommy to stay with me for a few nights...hmm

Adios per il momento. Ciao tutti!