Saturday, October 23, 2004

It's like a bad dream...

The past couple of days have been rather hellish. My total white blood count was 0.5 (avg 4.0-11), and platelets dropped to 16,000 (avg 150,000-400,000). I had constant fever up until this morning. Shivered all the time, and vomited after meals. I mainly just slept it out. At least when I'm sleeping, I dream of the days when things used to be normal. Like yesterday, I dreamt about going to work, getting confused about the tasks I'm supposed to do and then later having buka puasa at a restaurant and got mad at the waiter for such slow service. How I yearn for those simple things now.

Anyway, I had some thoughts about things I like about being in the hospital, and things I will look forward to when I'm better. Here's a list:

Things I like about being in the hospital
- getting to watch DVDs
- getting to read stuff I otherwise would rarely read when I was well (e.g. papers, qur'an, etc)
- the agar2 sirap they serve every dinner time (otherwise only available at pasar ramadhan)
- getting people to fuss over you (although can be a bit emotional at times)
- using Yahoo! Msgr without worrying that you have work to do in the office

Things I look forward to
- having buka puasa with my friends, after buying kuih at pasar ramadhan
- growing my hair (I'm thinking Anita)
- go watch movies
- going back to work (I must say this, in case my boss reads this)
- having lunch with colleagues at Santini's KLCC on Fridays
- those are just a few, but i basically want my normal life back, plus some changes towards a more healthy and spiritual lifestyle.

Since this morning, I had no fever, thank God. Strange, the fever subsided once I heard the doctors say "let's wait another day, if the fever persists, we'll have to remove the Hickman's line." Hmmm, I guess it's a case of mind over matter after all - On top of the variety of antibiotics I'm perscribed with, e.g. Ampho B, Sulperazone, Vanco & Tienam. If the Hickman's line is removed, I'll have to have those lines on my hands, which I cannot stand. Life will be much more difficult, in terms of moving and sleeping recklessly at night, and of course, using the computer. (NOOOO.............!!!!!!!!)

It's now 10.10 PM, so far no fever. Let's hope this continues....

I'm after watching Monk, DVDs courtesy of team GGK (thanks guys!!). So now i'm off to bed..ciao!

p/s to team GGK: I've only used the scarf, this room is so cold, plus when I get the chills, it feels like Alaska in here. snow cap not yet...maybe soon, hehe! I'll send u a picture nanti. I also think I might borrow some snow caps from Zahid.