Monday, October 11, 2004

Still home

I'm still at home. Watched TV all day. Didn't have to stay at the hospital since the bone marrow test won't be until wednesday morning. Since there were no first class beds today, the doc decided to let me go home. Admission gave me a 2nd class bed, which meant it would be better for me to stay home. Yeah, I sound like a snob, but I dare not take any chances.

Anyway, looking at the 2nd class ward today, I realized how lucky I was to have gotten into the 1st class ward previously. I felt like bursting into tears when I saw the condition of the ward. On one hand, I thought, "God! there's no way I'm sleeping here tonight...eww! I have to share toilets with 30 other people!!" On the other hand, if the patients in this ward can fight their battles...i definitely can fight mine, Insya-Allah.

Hope I get into a first class ward on Wednesday. I promise I won't complain about the air-conditioning being too cold anymore!!!

Cat Update (Haven't done this in a long time): Owen, my handsome orange cat has got a new collar. After the old one snapped when he got too fat and no one checked. His new collar is flourescent pink!! I think he may have cried a bit the first day, he kept tugging at the pink collar. The color wasn't my idea, but I do hope it would bring some feminine qualities for Owen. Owen is too independent, he likes to play on his own. Maybe one day he'll start rolling at my feet like Mr. Frodo, Alf and Cookie do. Hmmm..