Friday, October 29, 2004

Chapters of life

Still having high fevers. It's now the 8th day I'm having chills, followed by high fevers. The chills are terrible, uncontrollable, teeth-grinding shivers. When the shivering stops, my body temperature will rise and rise as if it will never stop. The headache feels like my skull has been axed open. It's like being transported from Alaska to the Sahara...i imagine.

OK, let's not talk about my fever anymore. Writing about it won't make them stop, anyway. While having these episodes, my activities were limited to either sleeping or thinking. The one thought that kept coming to mind was if i could re-live a period of my life, which would it be? Not that I wish to live them differently, but because they may be the happiest years of my life so far. So here are the verdicts:

  • Pre-school years: not much memory
  • Primary school yrs: maybe
  • Form 1 - 3 in boarding school: Not in a million yrs!! Those were the worst years of my life ever. Can't stand those patronizing seniors...
  • Form 4 - 5 in boarding school: maybe. If i get paid rm5 million..
  • Pre-college year: yes! Free trips to disneyland,san diego zoo,etc.
  • College years: Absolutely yes!
  • Working years: hmm..too recent. Will consider it in 5 years time.

Back to college years. It occupies my thoughts quite a lot lately. When I'm having the fever attacks and try to think happy thoughts, my college years always pop to mind. Perhaps it's the cold Pittsburgh weather. I'm reminded of the days we built snowmen behind Baker Hall, me trudging snow to get to class, shopping and eating gelati down Walnut Street, finding knick knacks on Squirell Hill, eating baked ziti with loads of cheese at the University Center and oh so many more. I badly want to list everything here but there are just too many. There I am feeling feverish in bed, and suddenly i get a flash memory of me and friends having Chinese after a game of street hockey. Or me and friends shooting silly videos because we ran out of things to do during winter time.

Ah, sweet memories. Maybe when I'm better I'll take a trip down memory lane to Pittsburgh.