Saturday, October 02, 2004

News from a hospital room

I've now been warded for a month. Finally figured out how to connect to the Internet via GPRS. It's so bloody expensive!!! 1.5 sen/kb...there's got to be a cheaper way to do this..

Anyway, after being in here for two weeks, I developed my own routine. E.g. wake up (earlier than if i were to wake up to go to work, and that's only because the darned sweeper has to come in at 7AM to sweep the room), wash my face and brush teeth, eat, then read a book or meddle with my PDA until the doctor comes. After the doc leaves, I will finally get to start my day. I shower, make myself pretty (for what, i don't know), take my supplements, then catch up on outside world gossip via Yahoo Msgr. Then I have lunch. After my mum leaves, I pick a dvd and watch it. It takes a good 2 hours, which brings me to about 4Pm. Then I nap, or read. My parents comes back at about 6PM, and we eat dinner. After that I read the newspapers. After my parents leave at about 9PM, I watch another dvd, which takes me to 11PM, after which I go to sleep. This is what I do everyday, unless I catch a fever, where all I'll do is lie in bed, willing myself to feel better.

I'm now on day 21 after the start of my treatment. I hope to get home sometime next week. Can't wait!!

Bye for now.