Saturday, October 23, 2004

Is it like a computer game?

Another thought before I go off to bed. I like to think of me fighting this disease like I'm playing Warcraft III. I'm fighting all my enemies (e.g. the leukemia cells), and in fighting them, my army will also die (e.g. my normal blood cells). The good thing is, I can rebuild the army, and keep fighting the enemy troops until I get to move to the next stage. And finally, I will get to the ultimate stage, the grand finale, the bone marrow transplant. It will be very difficult and my army must be strong, but once I finish that stage, the game will end, and I will triumph. I just hope I don't give up like I did in Warcraft III, where I had to collect 15,000 timber at one point and just couldn't bring myself to cheat...boo hoo!

Well, is it weird to think that I'm cheating the "game" when they have to transfuse blood and platelets into me? The thought came across when they gave me a bag of platelets yesterday. It's like typing /ihavealltheplateletsintheworld at the command prompt and it will solve the problem.

Err..ok, I really think it's time for bed now. I'm starting to sound like a geek. Bye! (Now i'm thinking whether Warcraft III works on this notebook...hmm that would be nice)