Wednesday, March 29, 2006

M the Opera

My friend from company K got free musical tickets again, and invited me. This time for M the Opera. So, in my attempt to become a more cultured person, I accepted the invite.

It started off well. I got an excellent seat right smack in the middle of the hall. Very impressed.

20 minutes into the show, I turned to Friend and whispered, "what the hell is going on?" Friend whispered back, "gosh, I don't know." So we continued watching grown men and women in fancy clothes prancing around the stage. It felt similar to watching that weird freak musical at Sun City in South Africa in 2003. Can't remember now what it's called, but at least that freak musical had topless women in it (not that it matters to me, haha).

I would tell you what the musical was all about, but i just didn't get it. It was about a fashion designer, that is as much as I could tell you. It wasn't clear to me what the issues were, and how the characters felt about them. My high-school English Dramas had way more solid storylines compared to this. Well, maybe it's just me not being artsy fartsy enough.

Anyway, we couldn't bear having to sit through the second act, so we left during the intermission. Need I say more?

Next up: P Ramlee the Musical.