Thursday, March 02, 2006

I smell...

...nothing right.

Since I had my transplant, my sense of smell has shifted quite significantly. Things just don't smell the way I remember them anymore.

Perfumes all smell the same to me.
Shampoos smell yucky.
Chilli sauce smells like soap.
I could be standing behind a bus and not realize that the fume is blowing in my face.
I can't smell the aroma of KFC.
People fart around me and I don't suspect a thing..(yea..gross)

Perhaps the wire in my brain that connects the scent/odor to my memory is not functioning anymore.

Recently, in my bedroom, i smelled something burning. i checked all the wires to make sure all the electricals are ok. it turned out that it was only my organic mosquito repellent gel, that was supposed to smell like lime!

There are a few things though, that smell exactly as i remember them.
the aroma of coffee in the morning
delicious steamy cheese melting on a pizza
tomyam soup
Coca-cola
the scent of victory when i'm about to win something on PS2. heheh.

Maybe I need to do a smell-memory brain remapping.

I'm off the ciclosporin in a week's time. Just penicillin after this...