Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The search for George Clooney - Lago di Como

I'm now waiting for my train to Venice. A bit of a headache trying to understand the train system here. Apparently there's a regional train, e.g. The Lombardia regional trains, and also the Intercity trains. Like KTM and LRT I suppose. So i bought a regional ticket to Milan, but when I went to the window to purchase ticket from Milan to Venice, the lady said my regional ticket was "no good." Membazir betul. Could've gotten a bottle of water with that money. Hehe..

DSC_1424 small

Anyway, Como was beautiful, and it was also a beautiful day. I dunno why people still walk around with thick coats and scarves. Beautiful as Como was, i only spent about 3 hours walking around taking photos. The kind receptionist at the hotel gave me a map and circled the nice sites for me, so I just targeted those places.

DSC_1351 copy small

The first thing I did was to take the funicolare from Como up to Brunate. It was a 7 minute ride up the hill macam kat Bukit Bendera in Penang. The view of Como from Brunate was beautiful!! After a few minutes and a cappucino, I went back down and started walking around the lake and town. I didn't find George Clooney, but there were loads of senior citizens!! Senior citizens everywhere...the cafes, the piazzas, along the lake, mcDonalds...maybe one of them is George Clooney in disguise.

DSC_1458 small

So that was Como, in about 3 hours for me. If I had more time I would've gone to Bellagio, which they say is less infiltrated with tourism. Oh well. I didn't plan to spend that much time in the Lombardia region anyway. I'm skipping Milan today, lazy lah..the most attractive thing that I could afford there would be the duomo, but I guess I be seeing plenty of duomos soon anyway. I'm heading straight to Venice, so I could find the hotel before it gets dark and get some rest because right now my feet feels like it's about to come off.

Ah, the ticket man has come to check my ticket. Now I can relax..I always get so nervous before they come, just in case I boarded the wrong train and find myself in Berlin instead of Venice. Tragic tak if that happens..I think I'll sleep for a bit now. First thing i'm going to do when I get to venice is to wash my hair. Urgh. Oily oily..

Ciao tutti!