Monday, April 14, 2008

Sejuk nak mampus hari ni

I planned to wake up early (7am) to go up the mountain (and get an early bird discount while at it), but of course tak jadi...i woke up at 9am, and goddamn it was cold outside!! My hands were about to freeze, so I found the shop near the station, bought gloves and a chocolate for breakfast, for CHF17.00 (that's about, i dunno, RM60?) - ok i found out throughout the day that shops at the train stations are always overcharging for items. Need to go a bit further from the town area. For example, a bar of chocolate in Interlaken costs CHF2.90, in Lauterbrunnen where I'm staying, it costs CHF2.30, and further up in Wengen, it costs only CHF2.00. hehehe, thank god i didn't buy that CHF5.50 shower gel yesterday.

So anyway, the weather sucked today, and even at the train station, the agent said that i wouldn't be able to see anything up the mountain, and if I really wanted to pay that much money to go up. I had a feeling that it wouldn't be worth the money, but when else am I going to come here again? So up I went....and then it started to snow.

It was about a 2.5 hour train ride up, I had to change trains at several places. The last train took about 45 minutes, and the ride was mainly in tunnels, with a couple of stops, should anyone wish to hop off for a bit and take pictures. I didn't bother, because I truly couldn't see anything beyond the fog. And when i arrived, guess what i saw, first of all?


Bollywood everywhere, Jungfraujoch.

Hahahaa...jauh2 aku jalan, bollywood jugak aku jumpa. apa daa....hehe. Over there, I went to the Ice Palace, Ice Plateau, etc. Unfortunately there is no vista because of the snow, but the place is still pretty cool (literally).


Ice Palace, Jungfraujoch

After warming myself up a bit with some coffee, I got ready to go out into the Ice Plateau. I've never been in a blizzard, but I'm guessing that's probably what a blizzard would feel like. A kind Thai offered to snap a photo for me:

freezing my ass off

Lepas dah puas, I went back down, and just walked around taking pictures...didn't get any good ones since it was raining pulak down in the valley, except for one very colorful cemetery. hahaha...


Cemetery in Lauterbrunnen
Ok, I'm gonna go off now. Rest for tomorrow. I'm trying to upload more pictures to facebook, but this hostel's computer restricts Active-X installations, and i'm too lazy to select the pictures one by one and wait for them to upload. Flickr as well. Later la ok.
Ta!!