Thursday, May 07, 2009

honey honey...

...how he thrills me, a-ha, honey honey
honey honey, nearly killed me, a-ha, honey honey.

hehe...today i set off to Glossa, the other port town of Skopelos.  It's actually not that far away, but since the speed limit is 50kmph, it did take me a good hour to get there.  Plus it's hard to drive fast on a scenic drive.  I stopped by Stafylos again, just to check for my lens cap one more time.  I retraced my steps from yesterday, and i found it!  There is was, under the bushes where i put my bag while i climbed around the rocks yesterday. heheh. happy!

I had lunch in Glossa, i was starving, but the taverna didn't serve anything nice, so i had some fries and a salad.  After lunch i walked around Glossa...it was such a quaint little village!  I then drove down to the port, which was much smaller than the Skopelos port and nothing really interesting.

Then i drove off to find The Church of Agios Ioannis, the church where the wedding scene in Mamma Mia! was filmed.  They actually just used the view, i don't think they actually used the church since it was so small!  It was a narrow, winding road to get there, and there was only one other car when i arrived.

DSC_6224
Church of Agios Ioannis, Skopelos

Mamma Mia scene done, i went of to Kastani Beach to just chill out with my book.  Again, just one other car there when i arrived, a group of friends just hanging out by the beach.  So i sat down and read my book to the background sound of waves hitting the beach.  It was very lovely until the group left, and i felt a bit worried that I'm the only one there and the sun is already setting.  So i packed up and left.  Damn! I wanted to get some sunset photos today.  Tomorrow i'll find a beach with a bit more people, but at the rate this sleepy island is going, i don't think i will find any.