Friday, May 08, 2009

Intimidated by nature.

I drove on an empty winding road today, and worried that the pine trees might suddenly come alive and eat me up.  Then i drove on a dusty winding road in a non-4x4 car, trying to find the highest point of the road, and worried that the car brakes might suddenly not work and i will slip down into oblivion.  I finally went down again to Milia beach to watch the sun set, accompanied by a gang of cats who seem to be quite happy when i arrived.  I got scared by the sound of the waves.  The 1km beach was all mine (and the cats'), but at sunset the soft waves suddenly became harsh, so i quickly packed up my camera and went off (maybe i was imagining things haha).  It reminded me of the day i went on the Great Ocean Road with my brother, when we stood on the beach down the cliff looking up at the first of the 12 Apostles.

The best part of my day was at Glysteri beach, where there were only a couple of old people (naked, eww) and myself (not naked).  I took a dip in the pebbly Greek waters, but the water was still too cold.  And the best view i had while driving was between Agnontas and Stafylos, when the moon was rising above the horizon.  Subhan Allah.

No pictures postings today.  Lazy lah.  The tiredness i would have felt from walking has been replaced by mental fatigue from driving on the Skopelos roads.  Heheh. 2 more days before i have to leave this beautiful island.  In some ways I'm quite glad this adventure is about to end, because i don't think i will be able to cope with the daily adrenaline rush much longer.  And I miss my nephew.