Sunday, May 03, 2009

I'm ok now

After posting that depressing entry yesterday, i went out again, and made my way to Lykavitos Hill.  I thought i'd take a stroll from the hostel to the funicolare, but what i found out later was that i should have saved the energy for the climb up to reach the funicolare station itself!!  A steep climb uphill, then a few more steps, loads of huffing and puffing later, i reached the station only to find that you could actually take a bus or taxi to that point!  Bugger, why do i always do this to myself? haha...anyway, the ride up cost me about 6 euros return, and the view was spectacular.  I went near sunset, so there were plenty of people there, but not too many that it was uncomfortable. Regret a bit that i sent my tripod home from Munich, but i guess the Acropolis was a bit further than 200mm could reach anyway.  I'll post more pictures soon, coz i'm too damn lazy right now.

Today i set out to sort my bus and ferry tickets for Monday,  then went to find the recommended Indian food place down in the Omonia district.  Down that street, was little India, and maybe little Africa, and as soon as i walked into the cafe, all the men in there waved to ask me to sit next to them.  I'm not saying this coz i feel hot, i WAS the only girl in the cafe, and the chicken was halal.  I had a huge serving of nasi beryani ayam, some chickpea curry, salad, fries and a pepsi, all for 2.50 Euros!  I'd definitely go there again, but i'll be sure to bring some friends with me next time.

After lunch i idled around, sat at a cafe to read a book, while trying to decide whether or not to head for the coast.  I somehow ended up in an archeological site near my hostel, where the Hadrian Arch and Temple of Olympian Zeus is while i was looking for the first ever Olympic Stadium.  I then sat again at another cafe for a milkshake, and at 5pm finally decided that i would head to the coast and see what's there.  I went to the end of the tram line, Volous, and headed back, stopping at Glyphada to catch the sunset.  Glorious glorious sunset!

sunset at Glyphada Beach
sunset @ Glyphada Beach, Athens.

Then i headed back to town, had a sandwich, and went back to the hostel.  Nak buat laundry tak jadi, nak edit gambar tak jadi.  It's 3.20 AM now, and 2 young ladies just walked in smelling of booze. Argh.  Just as i was finally feeling settled in, having shared travel stories with an aussie and argentinian.

Lapar la pulak, better sleep.  I'm heading to Cape Sounio tomorrow, wish me luck!