Saturday, May 09, 2009

Last Day

bugger. time flies eh?  technically tomorrow is my last day, but my ferry leaves for Skiathos at 4.55pm tomorrow, and i'm catching a flight to Athens at 10pm.  One more night in Athens, then i leave for London.

DSC_6411
Skopelos Kids - seen fishing at Loutraki

I didn't do much today.  I drove back to Agios Ioannis, and hiked down to the secluded beach for a swim.  When i got hungry i packed up and drove to Agnontas Bay for lunch.  Then i went back to Stafylos Beach, and sat there enjoying the end of the day.  I wanted to wait for the moon to rise above the horizon, but i got lazy and there was nowhere to park on the narrow road, so i went back to the hotel.

Skopelos is awesome.  It's one of my favourite places on earth now.  I love the friendly, but non-intrusive people.  I love the beauty of the terrain, with the pine trees growing right now to the beach.  I love the cats. I love the fact that I chose the perfect time of year to come here.  I wake up every morning with a body ache, maybe from trying to hike up and down to get to the beach with an additional 5 kilos on my back, carrying that fat-ass nikon.

I can't wait to get back to London though. I wish I could skip this one-night-in-Athens bit.  My cash is also running low, and with two days left, i can't be arsed to go to the ATM for more money.

DSC_6453
Skopelos Cat - seen basking in the setting sun at Milia Beach