Tuesday, May 17, 2005

bone marrow aspiration results

the doctor said, my bone marrow looks good, with less than 5% blast cells. for the first time ever, i am considered IN REMISSION. got a nudge from my mum when i blurted out "Yayyy!!" instead of Alhamdulillah. Well, i did say Alhamdulillah in my heart. I just thought "yay" was more appropriate for the doctor, who probably wouldn't know what Alhamdulillah means. So the plan now is to continue taking Voriconazole (this is an awesome antifungal drug, btw) for the next two weeks and have a CT Scan to see what my spleen is up to. The doctor said that he'd prefer for me to have the bone marrow transplant by the end of June, the latest.

Smiles and yays aside, condolences to the family of my fellow AML patient, Guna, who recently died from lung infection. He was always a happy and cheerful dude, and he looked like the type who would survive something like this. I just wished that I had known him better.