Thursday, December 16, 2004

Alf...and Dr L (parts 2)

Alf is fine. The vet said she has a fever. So she had to stay a couple of nights at the vet, since the fever was fluctuating and they wanted to monitor her progress. It sounds exactly like my situation these past couple of days. Is it possible that Alf and me have some sort of connection? Anyway, I hope she gets discharged today. At 50 bucks a night, I don't mind becoming a vet myself. They seem to make loads of money! RM 90 for a blood test? I'm sure human blood tests cost less than that..or if it's not, at least we've got insurance. Z once took his cat Salim to the vet for some kidney problem, it cost him almost 500 bucks! Is there pet insurance in Malaysia? If not, someone should start it up. I think it's a good idea, because I read somewhere that the pet industry is one of the fastest growing industries in this country, worth more than RM500 million or something. So with the growing number of pet lovers, I think pet insurance is worth the thought.

On to Dr L. Found out what happened to him. Mum asked one of the nurses of his whereabouts a couple of days ago. The nurse said Dr L changed to another hospital because he doesn't like it here. According to the nurse, he said that a few of the nurses here are too loud and it scares him. Dang nurses! Go make noise somewhere else!! The nurse added that it's too bad he left since it's rather difficult to find someone of his caliber. Too right! Yesterday morning, the MO complained about why the nurses could not fix a new line for me when there was an obvious vein available. I asked him, "but isn't this your job, doctor?" He shut up right away. Gosh! Itu pun nak complain...buat aje lah!! Lazy ass betul!

I'm still having fever..although they are not as horrible as the fevers I had after my second chemo cycle. Doc said I may get to leave by next week. Hope he's right. Yahooo!