Thursday, December 09, 2004

of pets, money and doing things my way

One of the things I hate most about being stuck in this hospital is not being able to take care of my cats and finances. I just hate asking people to help me pay my bills and loans, help me put money into my savings account, etc. It's not that I don't trust people handling my money, but I just absolutely prefer to do it myself. I like that I know each payment's level of urgency so I can make the payments accordingly.

These couple of months, all I do is write cheques in large amounts, hand them over to people who would help me out and just trust them to manage the payments for me. The worst is having to ask whether it's been done or not and making people feel like I don't trust them with my money. It's the same feeling you get when someone borrows money or an item from you, and you have to ask for it back from them. Ugh!

Then there are my cats. I have to trust my brother to buy food and litter for them while i'm away, take them to the vet for medication, etc. He's the only brother who would help me out with the cats. Unfortunately he's outstation most of the time. He recently took the one cat to the vet due to skin problems. Came back with some creams and antibiotics which cost me RM80. Then he had to go away for work. Now what's the point of going to the vet if no one's going to give the poor cat its medication?

On some days, just thinking about these two things makes me want to escape from this hospital..But I haven't figured out how to get rid of this monstrosity on my right arm. Plus I only have 60 cents on me, so I don't think it will get me far from here. Intrakota costs at least 70 cents per ride, no?

Ciao tutti!

p/s: to them kind souls who have helped me, I greatly appreciate it. My sincerest apologies if I kept calling every 12 hours to ask if the payments have been made. They were quite urgent, you see. :-) You know I would do it myself if I could... And to my dearest brother, PLEASE GIVE COOKIE HER ANTIBIOTICS ONCE YOU GET BACK HOME!! AND TOLONG JANGAN JAHANAMKAN MY CAR, YOU POSER!! Thanks.