Thursday, October 27, 2005

Day +108

Everything's going almost fine. I say almost because things are generally OK, but yet to be perfect. Like a car lah, got to fine tune here and there. Hehe..

I had an ultrasound of my abdomen on Day +100, and everything looks normal (liver, pancreas, kidneys, etc etc).

Last Monday (Day +105) I went for my review at the clinic. My liver function test from last 2 weeks showed that my liver enzymes have shown improvement, but the numbers are still high. At this point we're not sure whether it's GVH or liver infection. The doc has decided to monitor it for a few more weeks. If the levels do not drop and there are no external signs of GVH (e.g. vomiting or/and diarrhea), he'll have to do a liver biopsy to ascertain the problem.

Funny thing, the body. I haven't had any nausea or diarrhea in months. Not even 24 hours after the doctor told me that he would have to biopsy my liver since I didn't show any sign of GVH, I started having diarrhea and nausea. Probably my mind telling the body to show some sign of GVH because it doesn't want to go through another biopsy for as long as I live. heh! Logik ke?

Slept from midnight on Monday through buka puasa time on Tuesday (in between visits to the bathroom). Woke up with a mild headache, probably from oversleeping. Feel much better today, after recovering from the diarrhea and nausea.

My blood counts were OK, although they could be better: WBC 3.3, Hb 9.0, Platelets 176.

Hopefully we'll see some improvements in the next 2 weeks. :-)

Over and out.