Saturday, October 22, 2005

"My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer..."

The boy continued to listen to his heart as they crossed the dessert. He came to understand its dodges and tricks, and to accept it as it was. He lost his fear, and forgot about his need to go back to the oasis, because, one afternoon, his heart told him that it was happy. "Even though I complain sometimes, " it said, "it's because I'm the heart of a person, and people's hearts are that way. People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams, because they feel that they don't deserve them, or that they'll be unable to achieve them. We, their hearts, become fearful just thinking of loved ones who go away forever, or of moments that could have been good but weren't, or of treasure that might have been found but were forever hidden in the sands. Because, when these things happen, we suffer terribly."

(Paulo Coelho - The Alchemist)


Yup. I've got nothing to write about these days. Apart from feeling sad about the passing of Datin Seri Endon, things with me have been going great. I've got a few entries in draft mode because I am too scared to push the Publish button. Want to bitch about the way Habib Jewels in Ampang treated us last week, but am too lazy to do so. Suffice to say I'm never stepping into another Habib Jewels store for a very long time.

Have a wonderful weekend, fellas.