Tuesday, August 16, 2005

All is puffy on the western front...


I seriously look like this today. Without the thorny bits, of course! Aaaaaaargggghhh!

Went to the doc yesterday for a regular follow up. My total white is normal, a bit of anemia, and platelets a tad low, but nothing too much to worry about. I just told the doc how uncomfortable it is to be puffy (in the face, legs and torso), so he gave me some Aldactone to reduce it. Aldactone is supposed to remove the excess water while conserving the potassium in my body (my potassium level was a bit low last time). I took it, but somehow it didn't work! I'm supposed to be going to the bathroom every few minutes to get the water out, but after taking the pills yesterday, I was just going at my regular daily rate. Trying again today. Note to self: don't much too much of the Arnott's pizza cookies, might contain too much salt.

I bought an eclipse machine yesterday. Will arrive on Thursday...we shall see how long I will be using the machine before it turns into a towel hanger, yea? hahahahaa...

Better try putting a cold towel on my face, maybe that'll reduce the swelling...seriously, my glasses feel tight on my face right now, I'm afraid it might break!