Saturday, August 20, 2005

Exercise and Music

While Googling for "music for exercise" for ideas for my exercise playlist...i found many articles like this:

A LITTLE MUSIC WITH EXERCISE BOOSTS BRAIN POWER, STUDY SUGGESTS

COLUMBUS, Ohio – It's no secret that exercise improves mood, but new research suggests that working out to music may give exercisers a cognitive boost.

Listening to music while exercising helped to increase scores on a verbal fluency test among cardiac rehabilitation patients. [more...]

No wonder I've been feeling smart lately. Ha ha ha ha...!

Anyway, here's my exercise playlist...the songs are slower now that I'm weaker post stem cell transplant. This takes me to about 1/2 hour per session...although maybe I only go up to 15-20 minutes:

  • Ray Charles - Mess Around
  • Ray Charles - I've Got a Woman
  • Al Green - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
  • Ray Charles - Hit the Road Jack
  • Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You
  • Alleycats - Hingga Akhir Nanti
  • Jordis Unga - Knockin' on Heaven's Door
  • Peter Pan - Mungkin Nanti
  • Spider - Relaku Pujuk