Thursday, August 04, 2005

Day +24

Alhamdulillah, today I will be discharged. I've been in the hospital for exactly a month and a day now, 24 days post transplant. The doctor said that the chest x-ray looks clear, so I can go. I still have some cough on me, so I'm praying hard that it doesn't get worse like the lung infection I had in January. I'll just have to come back next Monday at the the clinic for follow up.

Many plans for when I get home. On my priority is to learn to cook the recipes I've collected during my month in the hospital and start a new proposal for my MBA thesis. After a year of leaving work, I doubt that my last proposal is still relevant due to the changes that have happened at work. So i'm choosing a topic outside of work instead so I won't be bound by what happens there.

Other big plans. To watch what I eat. To exercise. To get back to work as soon as the doctor will let me. Tentatively before/after raya, but as for now it's still less than a month post transplant and there are still many uncertainties. So we'll see how it goes. :-)

Will write from home later! (After I get bored catching up on the shows on Discovery Travel, yeah?) Bye.

ps: Updates from Mobilemom's hubby on her surgery have been good ones, Alhamdulillah. Way to go Mobilemom & MaleNurse!