Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Day +22

...thanks to Lyds for counting.

Feeling good today. I'm starting to have some nausea...probably due to the Ciclosporin (anti-rejection steroid). I can stand the pills, but they just leave a weird aftertaste that bothers me. It's not a bad taste, it's like a sweet, milky taste that makes me nauseous every once in a while. They pills are damn huge too! About the size of 2/3 of your little finger, if you have medium sized fingers like mine. Apart from that I have to swallow like 9 other tablets (calcium, magnesium, antifungal, antibiotic, more steroids), since the doctor is tapering off all my i/v medications.

The Sister from the Bone Marrow Transplant Ward came to visit with one of her Staff Nurses today. Just to see how I'm doing in the other ward. Gave me some advice for before i leave, regular stuff like:
  • watch my food
  • don't go near my cats (if possible give them away). my answer: a firm no. The way i see it, I took on a responsibility of the cats. They will stay for as long as we can manage it. Alright..alright...i won't go near them!!
  • don't go near flowers
  • don't push myself even when I think I'm strong enough

She also informed me that she and the doctor have actually read my in-patient comments and noted that they will try to make the changes. Oh shucks! What did I write in there? I know I wrote quite a bit (not just ticking the boxes but added more comments underneath)...only because I thought nobody was going to actually READ it! I was also high on the morphine at that time. I hope i didn't sound like a royal ass expecting VIP treatment here. But if I know myself, i probably wrote some nice, sensible comments in there.

Has anybody seen the movie Ray? The story of Ray Charles, starring Jamie Foxx. I love it! Unfortunately, the movie got stuck somewhere in the middle..which sucked. I'll have to get it exchanged when I go home. I'm making do with Seinfeld Season 2 right now. Better call mum to bring me more supplies. She went home to make me some spaghetti...mmmm.

Bye!