Sunday, August 28, 2005

Chicken in a Bag A-la Thai With Noodles

Dang..my mouth is on fire! Everybody else had spaghetti bolognese today, but since the minced meat was from I don't know when, I was told to make my own lunch (kesian..). So I decided to try one of Jamie Oliver's Chicken in a Bag recipes...the ones where you put the chicken in whatever concoction, and chuck it in a tin foil bag, seal it and bake. Tried some ala-thai one I saw him make on TV. Ok jugak chicken in a bag, coz the juice don't evaporate. I forgot to put some water, so my noodles became too dry and salty from the soy sauce. Chicken seasoned well though. Will try again, next time will make sure I get the instructions right so the dish will have some gravy. So no pictures this time, sebab malu!! Hahahaha...

Anyway here's the recipe for what I tried today (I saw it on his Happy Days Tour video):
1 red chili sliced
1/2 red bell pepper sliced
1/2 thumb ginger, chopped
4-5 tbs kikkoman soy sauce
1 tbs sesame oil
1 juice of lime (save the pulp)
some spring onions chopped
some fresh coriander, chopped
noodles for 1 person (the flat chinese ones)
1 breast of chicken (make some slits so the flavors can absorb quickly)
1/2 - 3/4 glass water (if you want soupy, use more water and soy sauce)

mix everything in a bowl. throw in the pulp of squeezed lime as well. make a bag from tin foil. throw everything in tin foil..put chicken last (on top of everything). pour the remaining juices from bowl into foil bag and seal properly. put in oven at 200 celcius for 20 mins. i used the little toaster oven and it worked just as well. heheheheee...

ok selamat mencuba!