Monday, August 29, 2005

Dubai Baby!!

Why are all my best friends moving out of the country? Do I stink ? I hope not! Is it my lack of hair? Is it because I've got a fat face? (Incidentally, does the world revolve around ME? hehe) First there's I and her grand plans to move to Australia. Now Mar's got an attachment in Dubai, and she's leaving Friday morning. Yes, THIS Friday. Bit too soon, eh? (cue: tears well up in eyes) I'm genuinely happy for her career advancement, but I sure will hate to see her go! Boohoo..!

We went through the starting of our working adult life together. Made mistakes together. I tagged along when I didn't have a boyfriend, she tagged along when she didn't have one. We used to be inseparable when we were unattached that it got my mum worried for a bit back then. When we first started working, we had the periodic group of friends that we hung out with. As time passes, these friends got weeded out somehow, and some remain our very good friends until today. Aah...those were the days. I don't hang out with her as much these days, but she remains the one person I will tell mostly everything to, be it a fight with Z, work complains or whatever. We have this weird thing between us, where when we meet, we will hug everybody else, except for each other. I don't know why that happens, but I think it's the "sibling" theory. You don't really show affection for the ones you care about the most usually, do you? Just my guess, but I could be wrong. Perhaps I stink, that's why. Hehehe...

I will miss not being able to see her. Well, with technology we can always talk on yahoo or whatever, but it's not going to be the same, you know? It just feels a little...inconvenient. But then again, who ever said friendship is all about convenience? If your friend has to transfer to Dubai, then you must inconveniently save up some money so you can pay her a visit during the sale while getting free accomodation. Haha.

Good luck Mar. And take care. I will come use your facilities during the Big Dubai Sale. Get my room ready.